The National Cat Adoption Centre finds homes for 1,200 cats every year.
It is thanks to the support of our amazing volunteers (like Elizabet Szkoda, Sue Benge and Steve Newman, pictured here) that we are so successful in what we do.
As part of our team, they contribute to us being the UK’s leading feline welfare charity.
If you love cats and have some spare time, why not consider joining our friendly and enthusiastic team?
Contact us today to find out how you can help: email@example.com
Volunteers must be 16 years of age or over. Additionally, Duke of Edinburgh and work experience placements are available for students 14 years and upwards
If you’d like to read more about volunteering, click here to download our volunteer handbook.
The centre is open 10am to 4pm every day, so why not pop in and pick up an application form. Or message our team on: firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll send a copy to you.
We have the following volunteer roles available (application form here):
- Cat care volunteer – Help the cats of the NCAC by providing basic day-to-day care such as feeding, cleaning, making observations, speaking with the public and cat socialising.
- Volunteer driver – Help us to find homes faster. Volunteer drivers use the centre van to perform branch transfers with our closest centres and perform cat pick-ups from the local community.
- Community and events volunteer – Are you friendly, outgoing and mad about cats? If so, we need you! We're looking for volunteers to join our community and events group, not only to raise much-needed funds but to promote the centre so that every cat in our care can find the perfect home they deserve. Along with other like-minded volunteers you will be responsible for organising and attending local events, store collections and other community opportunities with our Cats Protection stall. The aim: to inform and enthuse, raising awareness of the NCAC and our work.
- Collection Box Volunteer – Manage and develop a network of collection boxes in the local area for the National Cat Adoption Centre. You will help us generate money for the kitties by overseeing the collection and delivery of boxes in different locations, recording donations and thanking local businesses and supporters, and researching local areas for collection ‘hot spots,’ all while sharing your passion for cats and promoting the work of Cats Protection.
- Cat video creator – Videos are a fun and engaging way for potential adopters to connect with the cats in our care and to learn more about their personality. As a cat video creator you will be directly helping the cats in our care by taking video footage of them at the centre, editing the footage to compliment house styles and uploading to our website.